Dodge City Area Chamber of Commerce
President & CEO
The President & CEO works under the authority granted by the Board of Directors to implement the Board’s policies and procedures.
All Chamber staff reports to the President & CEO. Including, but not limited to: Business & Media Relations Coordinator and Membership & Events Director.
The President & CEO is responsible for all financial, operational, administrative, and legal aspects of the daily operations of the Chamber. These include but are not limited to public relations, marketing, oversight of all programs and events of the Chamber, budgeting and achieving budgeted targets, sound management practices, as well as supervision of paid staff and volunteers.
All employees will fill-in for the President & CEO in an absence. The President & CEO’s duties will be distributed amongst all employees. In the event that the President & CEO is absent for a long period of time the Board can determine to name an Interim President & CEO.
Operational Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the growth and development of the membership base.
- Oversee and support staff and staff professional development plans.
- Oversee all financial, management and administrative aspects of the Chamber.
- Provide leadership in developing organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies as authorized by the Board.
- Identify and cultivate partner organizations locally, regionally and nationally for mutual program benefits.
- Promote and participate in activities of partner organizations and volunteers in Chamber’s work.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in cultural, economic and political environments in the Dodge City and Ford County area.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility for the annual operation budget of approximately $500,000 of gross revenue and report to the Board monthly.
- Provides oversight in the organization, preparation and execution of the annual Dodge City Days Festival, including programming, fundraising and marketing the festival.
- Oversee, update and make recommendations to the current programs of the Chamber and work with staff to develop programs to reach objectives and goals of the Chamber Board.
- Lead a strategic planning process that positions the Chamber to effectively deal with emerging and changing business trends and needs.
- Provide leadership in developing fundraising plans with staff and the Board of Directors.
- Oversee and support fundraising efforts including special events, sponsorships, and corporate/small business solicitations.
- Initiate and assist the Board of Directors in recommending and developing operational policies.
- Keep the Board of Directors fully informed on all items pertinent in the ongoing operation of the Chamber.
- Work to stimulate Board member involvement in the workings of the Chamber.
- Communicate regularly with committee chairs.
- Prepares, in consultation with the Chairperson, the agenda for Board of Directors meetings and strategic planning retreats.
- Anticipate the political, social, and economic issues that will affect the Dodge City area business community and recommend appropriate action and responses.
- Identify and strengthen working relationships with business and community leaders.
- Oversee the development and production of all Chamber printed material and publications in cooperation with the Marketing Director.
- Provide and promote speaking engagements to both the media and other organizations to promote the activities of the Chamber.
- Oversee and operate annual Leadership Dodge City program.
Personnel Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and administer Board-approved personnel policies.
- Ensure proper hiring and termination procedures as required by law.
- Oversee all staff disciplinary action.
- Provide annual evaluations for all staff members.
- Encourage staff development and education.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment to provide effective management of the Chamber.
- Ability to supervise Chamber staff by properly and effectively guiding performance to assure the quality and completion of work assignments.
- Ability to independently evaluate work performance, to motivate personnel and to modify behavior and performance where necessary and appropriate.
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and manage time.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of community leaders, volunteers, and Chamber members.
- Knowledge of finance and budgeting.
- Ability to create and initiate projects and follow-through to completion.
- Possess knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel, PowerPoint, Canva, Photoshop, and Adobe.
- Ability to develop rapport, trust and open communication with Chamber staff and membership.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Diana Turner at email@example.com .