The Dodge City Area Chamber of Commerce is looking for a part time Office Manager. The days and hours are negotiable with the president at the time of hire and will be 10-20 hours per week. Duties include: managing chamber finances on chamber master platform and Quickbooks, completing payroll bi-weekly, paying invoices, filing documents and assisting with other office duties. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the position.
The Office Manager reports to the President.
No positions report to the Office Manager.
The Office Manager is responsible for organizing and coordinating administrative duties and office procedures. The Office Manager plays a vital role in creating and maintaining a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. Ultimately, the Office Manager should be able to ensure the smooth running of the office and help improve the Chamber’s procedures and day-to-day operation.
This position is part time/.5 FTE. Work hours will be agreed upon with President at time of employment.
Operational Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all walk-in traffic and provide answers and supplemental materials to visitors.
- Manage the Chamber’s phone system and appropriately filter phone calls.
- Manage all Chamber finances including membership dues, invoicing, expenses, bills, payments and employee credit card accounts and ensure all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Compile and manage all financial records including the annual budget, profit and loss and membership reports and ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Organize and order stationary, supplies and office equipment as needed.
- Complete employee payroll bi-weekly.
- Work within the Chamber database and QuickBooks.
- Update and manage the Chamber database to ensure accurate and up to date member information.
- Maintain the Chamber’s server by continuously cleaning up and backing up the system.
- Ensure proper filing of documents including tax returns, certificate of origin and billing documents.
- Organize and manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires.
- Manage the Chamber’s point of sale device and account.
- Process Chamber Check and Certificate of Origin requests.
- Manage the Chamber “Info” email account.
- Manage the sale of all merchandise out of the Chamber.
- Provide notary service for Chamber members.
- Aid in the recruitment and retention of new and existing Chamber members.
- Attend and work Chamber events.
Duties will remain fluid and work alterations, substitutions or additions can be made at the discretion of the President.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of office manager responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, MS Office, MS Excel and Quickbooks.
- Ability to operate and train on office machines and equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and have a high level of attention to detail.